He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.
BIBLE READING: JEREMIAH 33:1-9
- Moreover the word of the LORD came unto Jeremiah the second time, while he was yet shut up in the court of the prison, saying,
- Thus saith the LORD the maker thereof, the LORD that formed it, to establish it; the LORD is his name;
- Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
- For thus saith the LORD, the God of Israel, concerning the houses of this city, and concerning the houses of the kings of Judah, which are thrown down by the mounts, and by the sword;
- They come to fight with the Chaldeans, but it is to fill them with the dead bodies of men, whom I have slain in mine anger and in my fury, and for all whose wickedness I have hid my face from this city.
- Behold, I will bring it health and cure, and I will cure them, and will reveal unto them the abundance of peace and truth.
- And I will cause the captivity of Judah and the captivity of Israel to return, and will build them, as at the first.
- And I will cleanse them from all their iniquity, whereby they have sinned against me; and I will pardon all their iniquities, whereby they have sinned, and whereby they have transgressed against me.
- And it shall be to me a name of joy, a praise and an honour before all the nations of the earth, which shall hear all the good that I do unto them; and they shall fear and tremble for all the goodness and for all the prosperity that I procure unto it.
The word of God is more potent than any two-edged sword, according to the following passage from. Hebrews 4:12:
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
It is unfortunate, however, that some Christians trivialize the word of God and so lose its benefits.
When the word of God comes to an individual in the form of prophecy, Scripture or other means, wisdom should tell the fellow to pay close attention to it.
Going by our text of today and the memory verse, we can see that the word was sent to the people of Judah for deliverance and restoration of their freedom which they had lost in battle to the Chaldeans.
Never allow yourself to lose focus so that you would know when God sends a specific word of prophecy that could settle your case.
Typically, in the Old Testament before the children of Israel went to war, the word of God would go forth – announcing their victories and that always settled the battle.
Sometimes in Church services and programmes, God sends forth prophecies that would have settled people’s cases before they even begin to pray.
I prophesy to you: your life, marriage, business or career will receive the peace of God now, in Jesus’ name.
It is equally comforting that the word of God offers spiritual cleansing.
And I will cleanse them from all their iniquity, whereby they have sinned against me; and I will pardon all their iniquities, whereby they have sinned, and whereby they have transgressed against me.
Thus, every child of God must read, study and meditate upon the word of God day and night (Joshua 1:8).
We must partake of the word of God being taught and preached in Sunday School, Bible Study and Christian teaching seminars.
The Bible says:
…even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; that he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word. – (Ephesians 5:25-26)
Father, please help me to align my life to conform to Your word. Through Your word, deliver me today from every bondage.
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A ADEBOYE.
BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR:
HYMN 2: AMAZING GRACE! HOW SWEET THE SOUND!
- Amazing Grace! How sweet the sound!
That saved a wretch like me!
I was once lost, but now am found
Was blind, but now I see.
- ‘Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears relieved.
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed.
- Through many dangers, toils and snares,
I have already come.
‘Tis grace that brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.
- The Lord has promised good to me.
His Word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be
An long as life endures.
- When we’ve been there ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun,
We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise
Than when we’d first begun.